It is the end of Gregorian Year 2010, and the start if Gregorian Year 2011. It’s not my new year, but that’s beside the point.
It seems that now is the time for “New Year’s Resolutions” once again! How many people actually do this?
According to Internet Advertising, everyone! Everyone wants to be slimmer! And thinner! And better!
No, I don’t want to try that diet pill. No, my resolution is not to look slimmer “for him”. No, I don’t think that particular food will significantly reduce my anxiety!
But there is push-back! For example, the HAES movement has going New Year’s ReVolution! It’s a wonderful place full of body love and Fat Acceptance resources. Check it out!
This list is a diet free zone, a The Secret free zone, and a self-hate free zone (and please keep comments the same).
In Gregorian Year 2011 I Resolve To:
- Read as many books as I can, because I love reading.
- Rest my feet in a foot spa full of LUSH goodness as often as I like.
- Eat fruit smoothies all through summer. Yum!
- Finish my diploma. Only six months left!
- Keep up my driving lessons. Because I don’t suck at driving!
- Ignore the voice in my head that tells me I’m not worth it/good enough/pretty enough/smart enough.
- Learn more Auslan. Maybe sign up for an Auslan course.
- Surround myself with love.
- Remind my friends repeatedly and often that I love them. And tell them why I love them.
- Sing and dance when I get the chance.
- Have fun with my kids, and treat them as people because they are.
- Be silly.
- Be Awesome
What are your goals for Gregorian Year 2011? Share them here! Share some body love resources! But please keep this page diet free and shame free.
– Pharaoh Signing Off